Thursday, October 29, 2009

Teach Your Children Well

Melissa from Utah wrote that her younger brother found this apostrophe catastrophe at his school:


Shortly thereafter, Melissa's mom found an apostrophe catastrophe at a salon in town that is owned by someone who graduated from the high school where the filing-cabinet catastrophe was spotted.



Melissa concludes that it's not entirely the salon owner's fault because she was never taught proper punctuation. I would have to agree.

Thanks, Melissa and Melissa's mom and brother!

2 comments:

mrlmontreal said...

Gosh, a drawer full of whisky, I guess!

Anonymous said...

The apostrophe isn't as bad as the capital I in "walk-In's" when everything else is small.

It's as if the painter misunderstood the rule that says 'I' is always caps.